Saturday, February 9, 2013

Peppermint Tea



We got a bit of snow dumped on us last night, so today is perfect for bundling up with peppermint tea and visiting my friends around the web.  I’d like to send a warm “thank you” to everyone who's stopped by to view my page.  I really appreciate your comments and am amazed that some of you took the time to follow little old me.  I’m making my way to your blogs and have been inspired by so many of you. 

Although I was awaiting the arrival of a custom cut piece of fabric that I’d ordered online, I couldn’t resist the temptation when I found myself less than a mile away from my LNS.  I ended up purchasing the fabric I needed to start my Chatelaine.  Mary at Ye Olde Cross Stitchery is such a dear.  She gave me some tips for cutting a yard of fabric down to fit multiple project sizes.  But I couldn’t stay to browse for long; the stitching bug was upon me. 




Once cut, I breathed a huge sigh of relief.  I considered whip stitching the edges, but decided to just leave them for now. 



French Country Kitchen Garden is the theme of Chatelaine Mystery XVI.  At first, I was nervous to commit to such a long-term project (12 parts over 12 months), but once I saw the colors in the materials list, I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. The border colors in Part 1 really pop on Antique White.  Once this portion was all done, I just stared at it.  So pretty! 







I've started filling in the center.  Lots of confetti here, so I’m going try parking and see how that works for me.  There's still far to go on this part, but I'm enjoying the journey, and isn't that what it's really all about?  Until next time - Happy Stitching!


7 comments:

  1. What a lovely (large) piece of fabric! Enjoy the stitching!
    http://wilhelmina46.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That huge empty piece of fabric would actually scare me - curious to see just what you will do with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Annabelle! It was rather daunting. I must have measured at least 5 times before cutting. I actually winced when I made the first cut. (lol)

      Delete
  3. That looks like some pretty fabric, and you've got a good start on the stitching. Can't wait to see the progress!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see the finished product!
    Happy stitching!

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Kinley Rose,Dear! This will be gorgeous! I've come to you from the "Grow Your Blog" list that Vicki at Two Bags full has so kindly left up...(It was over before I heard about it!)I am so happy to have found your delightful blog, and am now following!
    Please visit me if you get the chance!
    Hugs,
    Anne ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice start on your Chatelaine. I keep meaning to stitch one of these with the group as the chart is released but some other project always seems to call louder. Maybe next year:) can't wait to see yours as it progresses.

    ReplyDelete