Saturday, January 12, 2019

2019 Make Nine Challenge


This year I’m joining the Make 9 challenge.  

1.       Tavie by Meiju K-P
I’ve got a good start on Tavie, but haven’t picked it up in a few weeks.  I've got to get it back into rotation.


2.       Three Colors Sweater by Amy Gunderson
This sweater has a whole lot of colorwork and steeking.  Am I nervous?  Just a little bit.  Every time I think about cutting into my knitting I shudder.  But I saw a sample at Vogue Knitting Live a few years back and it was stunning.  I want this sweater.    



3.       Socks for me 
Because you can never have too many. 

4.       Waxed canvas bag
I saw a woman with a gorgeous handbag made from waxed canvas.  As soon as I find the right pattern, I’m planning to make myself one in red. 

5.       Majestic Flight Quilt by Laura Piland
I've been looking at storm at sea quilts on Pinterest a lot lately.  When I saw this pattern offered on Craftsy, I immediately put it in my cart.



6.       Quilt Idea
The guest bedroom needs a quilt.  I pulled fabric for it from stash, but the pattern stuck in my head wants softer colors than what I’ve picked.  This one is going to take some thought.

7.       The Aline Dress by the Avid Seamstress
My first attempt a making a dress.  Fingers crossed.



8.       Vintersol by Jennifer Steinglass
They say “third time's a charm”.  My first attempt was twisted at the join.  On the second attempt, I somehow got off count and the tree trunks ended up crooked.  I couldn't find my mistake and had to rip.   I am determined to make this sweater, so I’ll be casting it on… AGAIN.



9.       Sweet Cables by Joji Locattelli
The name is so fitting, because it is such a sweet sweater.  I love the curved hem on this one.  My goal is to have it done by late Spring/early Summer. The short sleeves will be perfect for that time of the year.


This list was easier to put together than I first thought.  With the exception of waxed canvas, I already have yarn and/or fabric for all of these projects.  Wow!

Do you have any project goals for 2019? 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment